Industrial Heavy Equipment Operator in Lake Charles, Louisiana
Edit your ad
Posted: October 2013
Category: Construction Work
Light Equipment Operator -Capable of certifying on forklifts, ariel lifts and lulls.
Medium Equipment Operator -Capable of certifying on all equipment up to 60 ton cranes and on dirt equipment, such as dozers, track hoes, backhoes, dump trucks, yard dogs, bobcats and excavators.
Heavy Equipment Operator -Capable of certifying on all equipment but specializes in 60 ton and above for cranes.
Construction, F&M, Maintenance
Operates various power-driven machinery used to move dirt or other materials. May operate all or some of the follow types of equipment: backhoe, bulldozer, crane, dragline, font-end loader, motor grader, cherry picker, dump truck, etc.
- Sets up and operates production equipment in accordance with established guidelines and procedures.
- Adjust machine settings to complete tasks according to specification, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Move hand and foot levers to control diesel, electric, gasoline or steam-powered operating equipment.
- Interprets hand signals to determine where materials are to be placed.
- May be required to manipulate equipment on unlevel working surface.
- May assist in lifting, position and securing or materials and work pieces during installation.
- May be responsible for routine maintenance or repairs.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules. Performs other duties as required.
- Observes load hook up and determines safety of load.
- Manipulates crane control to regulate speed and direction of crane and hoist movement according to written, verbal or signal instructions.
- Cleans and maintains crane and hoisting mechanism.
- Inspects crane for defective parts, documents and notifies the supervisor of the defects or malfunctions.
- Loads, transports, and unloads materials, tools, equipment and supplies.
- Performs minor maintenance or cleaning activities on tools and equipment.
- May be required to interpret load charts.
May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
a. Standing 5% Walking 5% Sitting 90%
b. Lifting 10 lb.
Carrying 10 lb.
Pushing 50 ft-lb.
Pulling 50 ft-lb.
2. Climbing O
3. Stooping O
EXPLANATION OF SYMBOLS
NP Not Present
O Occasionally (0-33%)
F Frequently (34-66%)
C Constantly (67-100%)